What is Microblading?
Microblading, also known as Feathering, is the process of using hair strokes or an embroidery technique to engrave pigment into the outer layer of the skin with tiny, sterile and disposable blades. The result is to mimic the appearance of additional eyebrow hair within the existing hair or where there is no eyebrow hair or if your eyebrows appear lighter. This leaves you with a full and even brow. This procedure is particularly ideal for those who have gaps in their eyebrows.
Pricing and Duration
- Procedure Deposit Fee (non-refundable) $50
- Initial Procedure $350 (1.5 hours)
- Touch up – within 6 to 8 weeks – $150 (1 hour)
How long does it last?
Since microblading pigments are not implanted into the skin as deep as traditional tattoos, the area will naturally fade overtime. Microblading typically lasts 1-3 years, depending on skin type (normal, oily, dry), age (youthful/mature).
How long does it take to heal?
The eyebrow area will be slightly red after the procedure and color will appear very dark. This is normal for the procedure and part of the healing process. The color will fade by up to 40% as it heals. In the following days, the eyebrows will continue to be dark and you will notice slight scabbing. Do not pick at the scabs as this may damage the skin and the outcome of the microbladed area. The eyebrows will lighten up in color as it heals. No down time is required after microblading procedure. It takes approximately 7-14 days for the brows to heal over, and about 1 month for the color to fully set in.
Is it painful?
The pain level for the procedure is considered mild to none. Prior to the procedure your brow technician will apply a topical anesthetic to numb the area, and also reapplied during the procedure. Everyone responds differently to anesthetic; depending on the client, the feeling of the procedure has been described as light cat scratches to not feeling anything. Topical anesthetics used may contain lidocaine, prilocaine, benzocaine, tetracaine and epinephrine.
Pre- Procedure Instructions
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours before a procedure; alcohol in your blood stream will increase bleeding during the procedure.
- If you are unwell, the healing process will be slower, and the treatment will be less comfortable than when you are in good health.
- It is recommended that you make sure you have eaten something and had enough to drink (not alcohol) so that you are not dehydrated
- Delicate skin or sensitive areas may redden and swell slightly
- It is advisable not to make social plans for the same day immediately after your treatment
- No pain relief prior to the procedure such as aspirin or Panadol
- No vitamins or multi vitamins for 7 days prior to the treatment
- If you bruise or bleed readily or regularly use fish oil, Ginger, Garlic, Ginseng or Gingko, it is recommended that you start taking Arnica Tablet for 3-5 days prior to your treatment.
- Avoid Botox treatments near eyebrow region 2 weeks prior to procedure.
- To achieve ideal shape, it is recommended to leave your eyebrows to grow out for samantha to shape on the day of procedure.
- If you are pregnant or breast feeding this procedure is not suggested.
- If you have had a medical condition or procedure within the last 6 months we cannot perform the procedure without written consent from your doctor.